I went to the store yesterday and bought 2 ankle length skirts as well as a mid-calf skirt. LOVE them all. I want a denim skirt, but they're hard to find in a store, but there are some good ones online. The Bible says:
A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this. (NIV, Deuteronomy 22:5)
I started looking for churches and there are a few I want to try out. There is a Christian church about 10 min away and it's called Summit Church, and I am going to get baptized. My journey does not end here. After I finish reading the Bible I will continue to search for the truth and live as the Lord wants me to.
I also started growing my hair long. I have to wear it curly in order for it to grow because blow drying it and straightening it stops the growing. I also need to start covering my hair while praying! Never heard of it before, but if that's what the Bible says, then that's what we should all do. I can't stand when people pick and choose. The Bible says:
Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. 6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. (1 Corinthians 11:3-6)
and
Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. (1 Corinthians 11:14-15)
If I can grown my hair out longer, it won't be necessary for me to wear an actual head covering.
I told my mom that I will be wearing skirts when not at work, and that I've been reading the Bible. She is still very much into the Jehova's witness religion, and so I'm gonna judge her, but she took the news very well. She said "I guess we all have to find our own way." So that's good!
Until next time.
3 comments:
Praise God Tara! You are such a blessing! I am so glad God put you in my life!
Tara, I'm proud of you for your search into the scriptures. I, too, am reseaking a modest style, and will be wearing coverings as soon as I get some I like. Right now, I look like a nun! NOT COOL!!! Denim skirts are easy to make with old jeans, and I'll be happy to Skype with you and show you how. Continue seeking the Lord, and He will direct your path. Can't wait to talk again soon!
Great job reading the Bible and applying it to your life. Congrats on deciding to be baptised. That is a very important step to take.
Post a Comment