"Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine, once I get it, I'll be good."
I feel so much better today. Funny what a good nights rest does for the mind and soul.
My 23rd birthday is coming up in 16 days. Hard to believe I will be 23. I look in the mirror and still see a lot younger. It's hard to imagine myself getting old and starting a family and what not because I look like I'm 12 still (lol), but I'm sure I really don't.
I forgot to mention that I got kittens! I have been searching and searching for a siamese kitten for awhile, but couldn't find one that was young enough or the right kind. I really would have preferred an adult cat because they are less work, but with 4 rambunctious dogs in the house I was nervous that they would be traumatized. I'm glad I made that choice now because they have adapted perfectly and love the dogs! I drove 2 hours to Sacramento, California to pick them up from a home. When I found one online I had thought there was only 1. When I arrive, the lady says to me "did you want the short hair or long hair siamese?" I stood there blank and said "I don't know? I thought there was only one.." and she said she would bring them out to show me. I was pretty set on the long haired one because she was darker, but had originally thought the lighter one was the one I had come to get. She said "you can have both for $60 if you take them together so they have each other." It took me a really long time to decide to take them both. I knew that I only wanted 1, but ultimately I knew I had to go back to work and they would be able to bond and keep each other happy. I made the right choice and I love them both so much! The longer haired dark one is Ruby. She is my little baby that likes to sleep with me and is really a loyal kitten already. Chai is more into my roommate than me for some reason. She loves me for sure, but goes to my roommate if she is around too. I don't mind that. They will be spayed when they turn 6 months in April. I didn't plan to get them declawed, but after really weighing it all out, I had to make the tough decision to plan on declawing them at the same time I spay them :(. I feel awful, but they have put so many scratches on me, and I fear they will hurt my nieces and nephew, or even the dogs. Not to mention they are already scratching up my furniture. I clip their nails, but that usually ends with me even more scratched up. When they're bigger I will be the soft paws on their nails, but I'm sure they'll fight me on that one. Anyway, I love them so much!
xoxo T
3 comments:
Tara I think you said it when you say you dodged a bullet in not being on the backburner your whole life. I am sorry things didn't turn out how you wanted them too though. Remember God has a plan for all of us, even though it is so darn hard to understand sometimes! I think you are definitely making the right decision to get the kittens declawed. When we got Patches she was 1 1/2 and the vet told us we only had a limited time to get her declawed without a lot of trauma. We decided not to but now several years later I really, really wish we had! If they are going to be indoor cats there is really no reason not too, and you will be so happy when you do. Everytime I see a new scratch on Erica I sure wish we had (although she loves her kitty no matter how many scratches she gets!) You need to post a new pic though..going through kitten withdrawl! LOL
Tara, I'm curious. Why did you want to get involved in a polygamous relationship? Did you seek out a married man, not knowing he was married, and then fell in love with him, and then found out he had a wife and wanted another, and then thought, well, I'm okay with that and I'm willing to be his second wife, or did you seek out a married couple who was searching for a second wife intentionally? If the latter, then why?
Inquiring Mind: I believe polygamy is all about family. It really gives a lot of support once the foundation is set. I did not seek out this couple. They were my friends on a social networking site and we became friends through mutual friends. We met at a "retreat" where some of our mutual friends were at and the continued to pursue me without my knowing until later. I did not fall in love, nor was I ever in love. I went to visit them 3 months after meeting them and that is when he asked if I would be in a courtship with him as his girl friend, with his wife's approval as she wants a sister-wife. I want the support of a family, but I still question if this lifestyle is for me daily. I know it could be a good life, but sometimes I wonder if the sacrifice is too much. I.e. I always wanted a wedding with my friends and family. I can't do that in this lifestyle. I would also, most likely, have to move to be with a family.. which is something that would be so so hard for me. I could give plenty of examples, but those are a couple that still bother me.
Post a Comment