Friday, January 20, 2012

Can a girl catch a break?

I'm gonna go on a rant here for a second because I'm really irritated with our government. I applied for federal financial aid yesterday in hopes that they would at least give me $1,000 for school for the YEAR. I didn't want thousands of dollars, but I just needed a little boost. I haven't gone to school in two years because I'm really impatient. I'm glad I waited because I've fully decided that nursing school is for me. Anyway, why is it that someone like me who busts my buns to make a good life for herself doesn't get squat because my PARENTS whom I don't live with and whom don't support me financially in one bit and haven't since I was 18, make too much money. What does that seriously have to do with me? I'm 23 in 8 days, that's old enough to be independent, which I am. Here's what makes me the most mad.. why do people who DON'T try to make a better life for themselves, get tons and tons of aid from the government? I did good in high school, worked since age 13, got my license at 15, moved out at 18, etc. Yet.. I'm sitting here working two jobs, trying to get an education, with NO help from anyone. Then.. a girl my age with no high school diploma, no job, 4 kids, living on welfare, food stamps, WIC, etc. would undoubtedly get a full scholarship to school simply because she doesn't have money. Well guess what stupid government.. NEITHER DO I! This government is so twisted, I tell ya.

Anyway, even though I didn't get financial aid, I'm hoping to get some scholarships and even if I don't, I won't let it hold me back. I will become a CNA in the fall of this year and that will at least get me out of the nanny business. I'm just too tired of dealing with parents who think nannies are their slaves and their punching bags. I want a job that will allow me to HELP people who truly need help, not just lazy parents who say they "need" help, even though they're stay-at-home parents.

On a positive note, since I did decide to become a CNA, my goal is to lose 60 lbs by then in order to feel a bit more confident, and losing weight will give me more energy for sure. I lost 7 lbs just in the past few days, so happy! Hopefully I can see the goal in sight and not get side-tracked. :)

Well here's to hoping that someone sees potential in me and will give me a scholarship. I HOPE AND PRAY! Cheers. xoxo

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I here ya completely and went through that myself when i went to college. Lived 2 STATES away and still they wanted all my mom's financial info ! Ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tara,

Back in the day there was a paper I filled out called an affidavit of nonsupport or something where my parents' income was no longer counted. Let me see if I can find out anything tonight.

John