Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's A New Year

After my attempts to create a blog on this website last year didn't happen, I decided to start by creating a new one at the beginning of this new year. I absolutely love writing about my life, and I also really enjoy reading about other's lives as well, so this should work out really well! Today's date is January 3rd, 2010. There are so many different things about my life that are interesting and exciting, and are happening now. This post will be towards giving a background of the things that I am going through and why I decided to do them.
Here are some of the bigger "happeneings" from the last year:
1. I started becoming interested in polygamy about a year or more ago, and am still in the journey, but have met a few amazing families.
2. I'm 6 months through beauty school.
3. I'm starting my 5th semester of pre-veterinary school.
4. My 3 year old niece just came to live with me on Christmas Eve.
5. I moved back in with my mom in September, after 2 very amazing years on my own.
6. I've been working at my job since May 2009, and don't plan on quitting.
7. Just recently started learning about Christianity.
8. Stopped being apart of Biblical Families, because I disagree on many different levels with the members.
9. Lost 30 lbs since August 2008, still on my way to being the healthies I can.
10. And I'm about to celebrate my 21st birthday on the 28th of January.

Wow! All these things are pretty exciting and joyous for me, and it's all happened within the last year!

As for the polygamy stuff, I started by being interested in it when I was taking psychology this past spring and we did an entire segment on polygamy and I found it to be life-altering and an eye opener. I then read some books about people who were FLDS, something that I never even considered, since being LDS. It has been something I researched deeply, and although I don't find it something that I HAVE to be apart of, I think it is a better option for me personally, to join an already healthy, stable, and happy marriage with a proven good husband. My main goal is to find a lifetime commitment of love and friendship. That's it! I know I could definitely bring something worth-while to the table eventually. My family doesn't know about this decision, yet, but they do know that I watch Big Love, and ask me if that is what I want all the time.

Beauty school is something I wanted to do when I was in high school, but later decided it wasn't much of a career and it didn't hold my passion. So I decided I was going to be a vet. Why? Well I used to volunteer at the humane society and foster animals (which is how I got one of my doggies!) and I also went vegetarian in high school, at 15, because I didn't agree with the animal cruelty, and 6 years later, well I'm still vegetarian! So I knew that animals, specifically animal cruelty (pit bull fighting, etc.) was something I wanted to try to stop, and after research, the vet bills are generally the most expensive part of trying to help animals. So eventually I want to volunteer my time and skills to shelters world-wide to stop the mass amount of homeless and sick animals by doing mass spay and neutering. Wow! That was a lot of information. In short, doing hair will give me the ability to get myself through vet shcool, because my family hasn't given me a dime for school so far. I'm a nanny for work, but there isn't much of a passion there.. I mean I like it, but I don't necessarily enjoy raising stranger's kids for a pay check.

As for the other stuff, well I will continue to post about it as the time goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' it :) YEA! You better keep writing, or I will hunt you down :) Just kidding! I LOVE it ALL!