Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Vivienne Makinder
Nikki suggested that I blog about this experience, so I am gonna write a short blog. Vivienne Mackinder is a world-wide know famous hairdresser that has her own magazine, education system, and a huge website. She has been doing hair for 30+ years and is an AMAZING woman. She created www.hairdesignertv.com. This woman is AMAZING. She is so inspirational. She showed us 2 really cool hair cuts, and 2 really cool hair styles. Something that depressed me, however, was that it was obvious that you can't really get anywhere in that industry without passion. But I don't really want to get far with it, so I feel like I'm wasting my money on education for something that I'm really not passionate about. Especially because school is so expensive outside of beauty school. So I walked out of there feeling really terrible. She was saying how much she loves and lives to make people feel beautiful, but I don't have that passion like I probably should. I want to heal animals and change this world with it. She also brought out some insecurities. She also brought out some insecurities because I didn't feel edgy enough, or well-dressed enough to be a hairdresser. I dress nice, but not super edgy. So I need to just keep trucking forward and get through this because nobody got anywhere by letting other people dictate what they do. Mostly, I just want to do this to get myself through college. This lady is so amazing, she made me laugh the entire time. You should look her up for just the heck of it! She really made me come to some conclusions and answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok! First off, I am so excited you named dropped me :) YEA! Second, this woman is AMAZING! I looked up her website! Holy COW!!!! You are so lucky to be able to learn something from her! I wouldn't beat yourself up over passion. Maybe it hasn't developed yet for you! For the mean time, it is a great starter and a way to make money for something better in the future! A stepping stone for your dream of healing animals :)
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment