Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why I'm choosing Polygamy

It's such a big decision to want to marry a married man. I guess that I can look past the stereotypical aspect of polygamy, since that is what most people choose to see. Polygamy to me shows love, selfless-ness (is that a word?!), loyalty, and family values. What is better, a divorced man, or a good man that shares his love with more than one wife? Divorce is kind of bad reason to join a polygamous relationship. If you want a divorce because you met another wife, then you obviously didn't care too much about the first marriage to begin with. A real man will have the help of his first wife to chose a lady, or at least the acceptance. I want to meet a family, fall in love (not just join and hope for love) and have the very best friend I could ever have. I know I could love the already born children as my own, and I know that I could make a life-long commitment. I just see more benefits than down-falls. I know there will be down-falls, such as I won't get the attention the I would have if it were monogamous, but even then it isn't always that way. I also know that sharing someone I love would be hard, but again it is a very good way to not be selfish. One good man is better than 3 bad, which is what generally happens. You meet terrible men and end up getting divorced. I'm also not saying that I HAVE to be in this relationship. It honestly is something I see myself doing, but it's not a necessity, like some people see it as. That's all :)

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I find no fault in your decision, but think that it will be difficult to find a compatible couple who is open to this.

Society is so brainwashed, people can't think rationally about certain things, and polygamy is one of those things.

Anonymous said...

Very nice :) I agree with all your points!!!